Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Genova I Love You

Sorry for the delay in updates. I've been a little over indulgent lately, what can I say. Following Brocks tourist diatribe the last post, I've decided to start paying a little more attention to the online world while we're away

First things first, I'll answer the question that I know is on everyone's mind. Yes. Carly Rae Jepson is a big deal here. Her terribly annoying song has made it across the world and is tormenting the minds of Italians everywhere.

So, we've arrived in Genova. Actually, we're leaving tomorrow. It is our third day here and it has been fabulous.

After the onslaught of tourists and the utterly un-Italian first impression of Italy, Genova has been a welcome break. Our experience in Venice was at once, exactly what I had expected while still being such a flippin' pain. I don't want to complain - we're loving our stay in Italy. But Venice is not for us.

Genova is a port town, built on a hill and one of the more amazing Italian towns I've had the pleasure of visiting. It's truly beautiful here. It also reeks of piss and is dirty as H-E-double-hockey-sticks but beautiful none the less.

It is also cheap. Or maybe it's just normal. But compared to Venice, we are living like kings. Our hotel is gorgeous and the least expensive of our trip as we booked it through Expedia. The service has been incredible, the room is beautiful and the hotel is gorgeous. I'm sure everyone here is well aware we booked through Expedia as we trek through with our back sacks and groceries, emptying the fridge of expensive mini-booze to fill with deli cheese. But whatevs. We love it.

Our first day here we visited the Aquarium. We had originally planned to stay in Cinque Terre but when we saw the Aquarium, I was sold. Because I LOVE AQUARIUMS. It's the second largest in Europe, after the amazing aquarium in Lisbon, and it was everything I had hoped for.

So I'll end this post with a couple pictures of fish and that should keep you on the up and up until I return tomorrow. Because, I will, return tomorrow.













No comments:

Post a Comment