Thursday, March 31, 2011

So Long London

Our England vacation is coming to a close... and I can honestly say I I’m happy I’ll never see Will & Kate kitsch again... seriously... it’s EVERYWHERE... and most people don’t even seem to care about the wedding... but i guess the day off is a welcome bonus... this seems to be on every street corner...

This morning we went to the British Museum for a few hours... you really need an entire day to see it all... but two hours was enough for me... especially after I met this green faced man who wouldn’t stop staring at me... I almost threw down... but I remained calm and walked away... next time I won’t be so nice and I’ll beat his green face to a pulp...

Then we saw some mummified peeps... it’s rude to take photos of the dead... but when in London it’s alright according to Ashley... for a second I thought Kate Moss was in the room... so many flashes... and take note kids... flashes and glass cases don’t mix... so here’s some feet... and as a side note... I don’t want to end up at the British Museum in 1000 years... (side note from Ashley: I DO!)

Highgate Cemetery was next... I was looking forward to this all week... in order to see the west cemetery which is the old part you have to book in advance... and the people who give the tours do it on a voluntary basis... the man who took us through was wonderful and had such a passion for the history of London and Highgate...

This was my favourite headstone... a british bare fisted boxer named Thomas Sayers... when he died at the age of 35 over 10,000 people attended his funeral... that’s his beloved dog Lion who still watches over him from the top of his grave...

We also stopped on the east side... where Karl Marx is...

Ashley wanted to stand beside it so you could see it’s sheer size...

And what’s a trip to Highgate if you don’t stop in on Douglas Adams for a visit... possibly the funniest man to come out of Britain... R.I.P. Douglas and don’t forget your towel when you travel...

No comments:

Post a Comment