Monday, September 13, 2010

Berlin!!!

Sorry about the delay... the apartment which was supposed to have internet access doesn’t... but more importantly the washing machine is missing... so all the Germans call me “old stinky”... because my clothes are on round two... and trying to wash your pants in the bathtub makes for sore hands from ringing... the muggy weather isn’t helping to dry anything either... I asked about a laundromat and got laughed out of the grocery store by four fat ladies... they said something about needing my mummy. Besides that... Berlin has been wonderful... we passed the Rotten Tooth... which serves as a reminder of the war...

The highlight so far was the zoo and aquarium which is nothing like I have ever seen...

if I come back as a captive giraffe... I want to be in Berlin...



We also saw a giant panda... he was sleeping...


So many babies and roaring lions... but the best thing about this German style zoo...

for me anyway... was the beer!


And what is Berlin without Häagen-Dazs?!?!?


The ice cream was so good... I needed another beer...




And when we saw a VW dealership... it was time for another...


And when we passed the window where MJ hung Blanket out the window...

well you get the idea...



We passed through the Bradenburg Gate...



and walked through the Jewish Memorial... a shocking reminder of what everyone endured during the war... Canadian, Soviet, Jewish, American and German alike... and made me thankful of what my Grandpa along with millions of others helped accomplish.


Today it is pouring... maybe I’ll wear my wet clothes while we go shopping for dry ones... I feel like I’m giving Canadians everywhere a bad name.


Love, Old Stinky.




No comments:

Post a Comment