Thursday, September 9, 2010

Prague!!!

Yesterday we arrived in Prague... after what was supposed to be a six hour train ride yet somehow turned into seven... at least we had our EuroPass... which I left behind in the train station in Munich after booking our reservations... yeah I left a $515 train ticket on a counter in a busy train station... and this is why I love Germans... someone turned it in... so we'll be forever indebt to an unknown Munchner... and a big thanks to the people at DB for holding onto our nonrefundable passes for three hours... a kind note to those involved will arrive soon after we get home.
Prague is as I remembered... but a little busier and maybe a little more costly... Avril Lavigne still has her place on the Charles Bridge... just incase George was wondering... this is proof...


On the way up to Prague Castle... Ashley needed to make this face...


We also visited the Mucha Museum... which was beautiful... so we bought half the gift shop... only in Prague do they have matches as a souvenir... I guess that's why they still smoke inside?


Prague Castle is still stunning... and the stain glass makes me think of my Mom...
I wish she was here to see it...


One of the best things about Prague is the fried cheese...
I proved this to Ashley today... yummo!


We also saw the Astronomical Clock strike 7:00pm which I missed the last time because of restoration... it was neat... and the crowd was huge and all looking skyward... someone has to support the pick pockets... but not Ashley and I... we clutched our bags for dear life.


We also visited the Garden of Ramparts...
what is a vacation without imitating a fountain...


Normally I don't buy souvenirs for people aside from my Mom... but we have a new little man in the family... so until he turns 18... Bryson will be on my list... and today we went to the most wonderful toy store owned by the friendliest man in the Czech Republic... the Rocking Horse Toy Store is amazing... and specializes in toys operated without batteries ... and even brought out the kid in Ashley and I... needless to say we walked away with a bag full of wooden fun!


More pictures soon. Ashley is desperate for more fried cheese.




No comments:

Post a Comment